1. arches NP- the windows area - this area is a very small area with some arches its an easy short walk from the parking place (u actually see them from ur car as well but its nice to get near them)
2. Arches np - double arch - right next to the windows there is a parking place and u have to walk 800 meters or so to get to the double arch there r 2 arches there that have the same base - really nice and u can climb over there and take some really nice shots
3. Arches np - delicate arch - this arch is the famouse arch that u can see on the license plates of utah - there r 2 trails u can walk - 1 of them is a 5 km walk to the arch itself and the other one is an easy short walk to a view on the arch (there is a small canyon so u cant really walk to it)
4. Arches NP - double O arch - this hike is the best u can combined several hikes there first youll see a really long streched arch (landscape arch) then u have some hikes to choose from - we hiked to double O arch which was just amazing- its not an easy walk and u have to climb on stuff all the time but it is really worth it after u see the arches there dont get lazy - walk into to arch and go behind it the view there is even more amazing
5. Goblin valley state park - this park is really cute - a small park with all kind of strange looking stones - you can walk between them and climb and its really great , kids will like it there.
6. Canyonlands NP - this park has some great view - the only problem with it is that every part of it is really far from the other area so you have to do a lot of driving . there are 3 sections : the needles , island in the sky and the maze (you will have to have a 4X4 to enter this section) - the island in the sky area I think is better than the needles.
7. Natural bridges national Monument - this place is small and really nice- it will only take you 1 - 3 hours to visit this place - there are 3 arches there to visit and each of them you can hike down to the arch.
8. Capitol reef NP - this park wasn't as great as we expected it to be, there are some nice stuff there - like the dome and the Hickman bridge trail - this is a nice easy trail that takes you to a nice natural bridge.
9. Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument - this is a huge park with some really long trails - one of the shorter one there is the hike to calf creek - it's a 5.5 mile walk and at the end you get to this really gorgeous waterfalls and pool.
10. Bryce NP - this is one of the best parks - its beautiful and they just started to operate a shuttle service there that takes you to all the view point, there is a nice walk there - Navajo loop that takes you all the way down and then up while you walk inside the rocks there.
11. there is a really nice B&B near Bryce canyon - at the little town tropic there is a big hotel called bulberry inn or something like that and right behind it there is a farm with B&B - really nice rooms and good breakfast.
12. Zion NP - you cant use your car there after a certain point you will have to use the shuttle service there. There are some nice easy walks there like the weeping rock, the emerald pools (the upper one is the most beautiful so don't pass it) and the best hike is riverside walk - you walk near the virgin river and at a certain point you have to get inside the water and walk there if you want to continue
Sent by Or & Kfir, Israel
Utah- cheap hostels1. Moab - the lazy lizard - great place - very cheap (8.72 USD PP) the place located behind warehouses so its hard to find them at night - big rooms, very clean - bring your own towels or rent there for 1.5 USD
2. Kanab - Canyonlands international hostel - south of bryce canyon and zion N.P, double rooms or dormitory style, very cheap place - 12 USD PP
The town is also known as the Hollywood of Utah - lot of movies were filmed there - go to the visitor center if you want to walk to these "famous" attractions…
Sent by Tammy & Ido, Israel
Send mail to Tammy & Ido